Thursday, May 01, 2014

Routine

I've been waking up at 5.30 every morning.  Not willingly, but by the time I put on my hiking boots (since I so brilliantly and intentionally left my flip flops in Kathmandu), get myself out of the room which often involves extreme strength to undo the latch, and walk to wherever the squat toilet is, I can't easily fall back to sleep. If you know me well, you are probably wondering what happened to Sara right about now. You'll be even more surprised to see my bed time.

"Wake up" at 6 when my alarm goes off, snooze until 6.10, quickly dress and pack up my bag. 
Breakfast at 6.30, on the trail by 7. 

Sometimes tea around 9, sometimes not. 

Lunch anywhere from 10.45 to noon - always Dal Bhat, which is rice, lentil soup, a curry and often a green.  

Arrive at destination between 1 and 4. 

Unpack the few items in my duffel bag, take out sleeping bag and fluff. 
Grab nook and read game of thrones and nap. 

Put in dinner order around 5, eat at 6:30.
In bed reading at 7:30.
Asleep by 8:30.

Wake up often, lamenting how cold it is and how I have to pee and how far the squat toilet is.
 
Shower every other day,  laundry every 5 days.  

Repeat.

No comments: