Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homeward Bound...

First, let me say that I do not feel ready to go home or happy to be going home. I would gladly stay in Beijing for a couple more weeks in a heartbeat. But, given that is not my reality here's what I am most excited about in only rough order:
MY BED
My cats
My friends
My garden - specifically the tomatoes and cucumbers
Burritos
Climbing!!
Whole Foods or Berkeley Bowl
My computer?
Streaming Netflix and HBO
Not having a frizz-mop of hair
Putting toilet paper in the toilet
A shower without worms
My car!  (That should be higher)
Speaking with people and understanding them
Having more than three shirts and a skirt to choose from
Wearing heels
The 10 quarts of pickles I made the night before I left
Drinking cocktails
A different hoodie than the one I've worn daily for the past five weeks
Facebook (China blocks it along with twitter and YouTube and others)

What I am not looking forward to:
Regular work days
My computer
Stress

No comments: